Sunday, April 09, 2006

Southern Girl at Heart

I live in the Midwest now but I am truly a Southern girl at heart. One of the things I miss the most about home was sitting on the front porch on late summer evenings and listening to the sounds of the country.

Someday I will have my house with the porch overlooking land (or at the least a big yard) and again enjoy the summer evenings, in my new rocking chair.

My husband's grandmother bought me an early birthday present today, a rocking chair. As of yet, I have no place to keep it but in my room that serves as an office, guest room, and craft room. It's not an ideal place for it, but someday this rocking chair will see blue skies, feel the breeze, listen to the delightful sounds of the night and rock with me on the porch while I knit.

No comments: