Sunday, April 30, 2006

Knitting, What Knitting?

I'm in a bit of a knitting funk. Actually I'm in a bit of a funk period. Things are crazy at work and at home. My husband has been out of work for the last year and a half while he attended school. He finished in January and hasn't been able to get a job yet. He had his first interview last week and I'm hoping he gets called back for the second this week.

My job is stressful in the sense that it needn't be. What I do has no real effect on the world at large but there is all of this pressure to get things done so the corporation can make more money but I don't see any of it trickle down to me.

Usually knitting helps me get through these type of things. When I feel down I knit. But I'm even down about knitting now. My knitting group is taking a hiatus for the summer. My knitting teacher has told us that she has to undergo radiation therapy and the removal of a lump in her breast. They tell her it's cancer but not the bad cancer. All cancer sounds bad to me.

So instead of taking solace in knitting, I just can't seem to pick up the pointy sticks. Hopefully I will get over this funk soon. I was planning on knitting dishcloths for Mother's Day and I've only got 1 done.

No comments: