Sunday, December 23, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Last weekend we braved the ice storms to head down to Arkansas and spend the weekend with my family for our Christmas. It was a very short but sweet trip.

Now we have a few inches of snow in the KC metro and I am glad that we don't have to travel again. I ran out yesterday morning and finally finished up the Christmas shopping before the mess hit. Around noon we got freezing rain and eventually it turned to snow. Now everything outside is a lovely white. Today will be a great day to stay in and bake cookies. I might try Sandy's easy peanut butter kiss recipe as well.

Even if the weather stays bad we only have to travel one mile tomorrow to my in-laws and then about seven miles on Christmas day. Sometimes I actually am glad I live close to all of my in-laws. Not very often mind you, but sometimes.

Since I haven't been posting or knitting much I probably won't post again until after the new year.

Here's wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments: