Sunday, September 23, 2007

Beware the Clap

I spent the weekend in Arkansas visiting my family. I got a couple of inches knitted on my Jaywalker sock. My mom saw me knitting and now she wants socks for Christmas. I knit her a pair last Christmas and so now it looks like she's getting another pair this Christmas. I had my first sock from Sensational Knitted Socks with me and she tried it on and it fit, I just need to start the toe. If I can finish it up I can probably knock out the other one by Christmas. This is the first time procrastination will pay off for me. I never finished the sock for myself so now I can finish them for her.

Last week I signed up for the Second Wave Clapotis KAL. I've been wanting to make Clapotis for a while now so I thought this would be a good chance. I cast on with koigu and size 5 needles. So far I've done the first increase repeat. I had a little trouble with the pfb but I think I finally have it down. I'm going to make a scarf size Clap since I only have two skeins of the koigu in this colorway.

No comments: