Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Welcome to my sewer

Time for a rant. My house smells like sewer. It has since Saturday morning. After finally getting someone to come out on Monday afternoon it was decided that our 20 year old pipes are leaking sewer gas from their joints. Solution - put glue on them. Special pipe glue. We have done this. Twice. At night when we put on the glue, the smell is not so bad but that might be because we are high off of the glue. But during the night the sewer gas creeps up into the bedroom so it's the first thing I smell in the morning. Lovely.

I'm about ready to jump ship, or break down and cry, or start ripping black pipe out of my basement with my bare hands. Not sure just what yet but I am so sick of living in the sewer. I am not a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

No comments: