Saturday, May 27, 2006

Short Post

I've been very busy lately and haven't done much knitting at all. Two weeks ago I went home to visit the family. I did manage to drop in at a LYS that never existed when I lived there (of course!), Bella Lana Knitting. I picked up a daffodil to knit. I had never seen one before and thought it would be cool to try.



Last week was my birthday and I was busy doing stuff for my company's corporate challenge. Kind of like the olympics but for us average folk. I did manage to pick up a copy of the Yarn Harlot's second book, Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of a Knitter. I've loved everything she's written so far. Who knew knitting could be so funny!

So this weekend is the long holiday weekend. We are going to see The DaVinci Code today. I read the book and am dying to see the movie although I admit, I hate Tom Hank's hair. That is not how I pictured a Harvard prof at all. Hopefully I will get some knitting done somtime this weekend!

2 comments:

Bliss said...

Wow - I've never seen a kit like that before! What a cute idea.

Sharon said...

I just read about your header over at KR forum. It looks lovely, makes your blog individual.