Saturday, March 11, 2006

Nothin' On My Needles


I guess that's not entirely true. I did start a scarf in seed stitch about 2 weeks ago but I have lost all interest in it. I think the fact that it is 78 degrees outside might be the reason for this.







I finally bought some dpns to start a pair of socks. I've been trying to get up the courage to start them and Wednesday night I finally did a gauge swatch so now I just need to cast on. I might do that tomorrow. Here's my sock yarn, isn't it great!






I also purchased some Cascade 220 in a beautiful shade of blue. I am going to knit the Sophie bag. I've only felted one bag before with Cascade 220 and I enjoyed it even though I had to seam up the side. In knitting class we learned to needle felt so I put my initial on my bag.






I finished another dishcloth this week, the Purled Heart. I thought it turned out nice. I sent the other discloths to my mother and 92 year old great aunt who was "very proud of it." I think they are just glad to find out that I'm not a total craft retard. Growing up I was the unartistic one in the family. My great aunt and grandmother quilted, my mom crocheted, my cousin did floral arrangements, and I tried my hand at multiple projects but never found anything I was good at or enjoyed for very long. I think I've found my niche with knitting.

I must sing the praises of the Yarn Harlot. I checked out At Knit's End from the local library and loved it! I'm going to pick up a copy as soon as possible. I also hope to get to her other books too.

No comments: